Monday, January 7, 2008

Post New Year's stuff

So after getting blasted for requesting more frequent blog posts by my friends while never actually posting on my own, I feel as though it's time to give regular blogging more of an effort. I also read a very cheesy article in the "Living" section of the Indy Star about blogging and how you should develop a distinctive blog style - something like making every post a list of 5 things or being a huge snark (the paper did actually use the word 'snark'). I figure I'm a reasonably intelligent person. Certainly I can come up with 5 things to say each day.

To that end, we had a guest speaker in class today, and one of the things he said was that he is someone who is never bored. That struck a chord with me. I get bored a lot, or at least I think I do. What I really probably get though is lazy. So without further ado, here's a list of 5 things I'm going to try doing to stop being lazy. Consider it a late New Year's resolution.

5 - Take a short nap every now and then. As most know, there is nothing better than a nap. Maybe they will keep me rested so that I am less inclined to plop in front of the TV when I too tired to do anything else. And at least when I'm sleeping, I won't be bored.

4 - Blog more. See above.

3 - Read more. If you've been to my house, you know that the number of books I own is a highly contested point in my relationship. The fact that I haven't actually read most of them makes Suellen even more upset. I figure since I've got a wealth of knowledge sitting on shelves that I keep lobbying to keep, I better read them.

2 - Play more games. This is a recently acquired geeky trait I've gotten from Amy and Ben, but I figure that if I'm playing a game, I'm not zoning out in front of the TV, allowing myself to slowly die in the wake of its pale glow.

1 - Maybe - just maybe - I'll write poems again. I'm actually hoping that this will be a result of the 'bullocks to laziness plan'. We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

amypfan said...

I like the resolution. Now we'll see how both of us do with it. I think I also need to join you in the "read more books" category. All of mine are in the basement, which unfortunately leads to "out of sight, out of mind." I do have quite a lot that I've never read, and even more on a wish list, so I'd better get moving.