Friday, August 17, 2007

Coming at You Live from...

Amy and Ben's kitchen. Baby-sitting on a Friday night. Wahoo! (I'm only joking. Between crazy game convention and a high school football game, watching Bryn is definety the best option.)

It's been a bit of a week for me. In fact, I think it's been one of the roughest starts to school that I've had. (This is the point where all my public school teaching friends groan and tell me to get over it). Now, I know that I see only a fraction of the students that my large, public district compatriots do, but my student load has doubled this year, I'm teaching twice the number of classes, have twice the number of mentees, and am sponsoring two independent study projects. Don't get me wrong, I love my job. I love every piece of the 5,000 things that make me feel like a train has run me over by 1:37. I just wasn't quite ready for this week. I thought I was, but I forgot about the emotional drain of teaching. I get so energized for 45 minutes at a time that I crash afterwards. Who knew teaching writing had so much in common with herion addiction? Strike that. A lot of writer's did.

Well, whatever the week was, it's over. Suellen and I have safely navigated our charge to slumberland. I've finished grading a stack of essays (yep, I am that jerky teacher who assigns homework on the first day), and I'm betting that once Amy and/or Ben returns, I'll be off to slumberland as well.

2 comments:

amypfan said...

Glad that our living room could provide such an enjoyable evening for you. :)

Unknown said...

Hi Al!
I "stumbled" on you blog from Amy's blog. I hope you and Suellen are doing well!
Joe