Saturday, August 11, 2007

The End of Summer

For me, summer officially ends tomorrow. We have our all-school picnic, and the kids come on Monday. Needless to say, I'm quite ready. While my lessons are planned, and everything is set on paper, I'm not mentally up to the task quite yet. Hopefully a yummy breakfast will kick-start me tomorrow, or something like that.

In other exciting news, this week has not been very exciting at all. I had meetings most of the week, and then Suellen and I drove to Bloomington for what is now know as the 'wine rack debacle.' So, about 3 weeks ago,my brother orders me a birthday present (bear in mind that my birthday is June 22). He doesn't tell me what it is, only that it's being shipped to his dorm. Then I get a call. It's too big to fit in his car, and could I please come pick it up. We couldn't coordinate schedules then, so he agreed to call me later. Well, he called later. Much later. As in Thursday afternoon on the day it had to be picked up by 4:00. So, Suellen and I move everything around to drive down there to find that my brother has bought me a 6 ft tall wine rack. (How he ever thought it would fit in his Geo Prism is beyond me). Now it is a very nice gift, but it's huge, and it won't hold all our bar ware/stem glasses. To cut a long story short, we drove 3 hours round trip to pick up a box that barely fit in our SUV, drive it back to Indy and take it directly to the Target and return it. Very thoughtful gift, made for a very long afternoon. But we found a replacement wine rack that fits and is functional, so it's not all bad.

That's about it. So much for summer.

No comments: