Sunday, July 6, 2008

Mission Accomplished...kind of

If you've been to our house recently, you know that there is a large 'master summer to do list' hanging on our fridge. It contains basically everything we need to do before P arrives. While neither Suellen nor I actaully did much of the work this past weeked, we did accomplish repainting the office/guest room, the baby's room and the hallway, all thanks to Suellen's sister Stacy. Here are some shots, but both rooms are still in progress (i.e. we haven't rehung things or decorated yet).



This is the new green (officially called 'Summer Rapture') in P's room.







This is the room formerly known as 'orange' (if you've been to our house in the last two years, you know what that means). We squeezed the twin bed in here with the computer. It does take up a good deal of space, but it's the only place we had for it.



And this is the new hallway color, albeit it's not much different than the old color. We made the drastic move from 'cream' to 'beige' (or 'Baked Brie" as Lowes would call it).



I think that's all for now. My back is feeling better thanks to some leftover muscle relaxors from a previous injury and a good dose of ibuprofen. It still flares up a bit everytime I do something for more than 10 or so minutes, but I'm getting kind of bored laying around. Perhaps I soon feel good enough to tackle another project of the list.

3 comments:

SlyGly said...

I love the green. But--they call it Summer Rapture? Hmm. I imagine Summer Rapture as being deliriously obnoxiously green. More like kryptonite.

Cathy said...

Looks great! Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better.

amypfan said...

I can't believe you accomplished all of this so quickly, even if Stacy was here to help. And here's what I want to know.... how many coats of that pretty pale shade did it take to cover the glaringly bright orange???