Tuesday, July 8, 2008

More stuff for Baby P

I'm not doing particularly well with my blogging every day goal. This is mostly due to the fact I blew out my back last week. If you've read the other posts, you know that I was trying very hard to avoid going to the doctor; however, I did go yesterday. She's pretty certain I tore one of the ligaments that holds the muscle on to your pelvis. Fun times! So now I'm one more muscle relaxers and some large pink pain pill that's kind of like generic Vicodin. All of this is making me feel much better, but it also makes me semi-catatonic. I've spent a lot of time sleeping on the couch.

I did, however, venture out with Suellen today to go to Babies R Us to pick out some gifts for the other pregnant folk in our lives and bought a few things for baby P while we were at it. Most of you who have children already know this, but kids apparently require a lot of stuff. When we painted last weekend, we stuffed all of P's accumulated gifts into her closet and I think things are now spilling out the door. And we've only hit 2 of the 5 baby showers being thrown for us! Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all the gifts, but I have not idea where we are going to put everything.

Fortunately, P's dresser was waiting on the porch when we got home. It looks very nice (pictures will come later), and only took three hours to assemble! Of course, part of that time was spent unscrewing all the pieces I screwed the wrong screws into, a mistake I made during not one, but two separate steps. Seriously, why do you need to have 13 different types of screws? I mean there must have been three separate styles of 3/4" screw. Why not stream line that? I'm sure spending three hours hunched on the floor screwing, unscrewing and rescrewing screws into 'oak-like' pressboard was not what the doctor order for my back, but hopefully we can get better organized now.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I know those big pink pills, yes, good times. They render me stupid, so are only reserved for naptime and when I'm not home alone with Chris. Are the happy drugs are at least taking the edge off the pain, and not just making you sleepy? Can't wait until the shower this weekend, looking forward to more goodies and joyous celebration of baby P!

amypfan said...

No more home improvement projects for you until you recover. I'm serious. Call us; we'll come over and help. Just stop hurting yourself!!