Friday, August 1, 2008

Friday Fill-ins

1. If I could travel back in time, I'd go to the late 50s and early 60s, spend sometime in New York at the peak of the beat movement, live mostly in poverty, and witness the significant cultural changes of the period.

2. Give me more time to cook or give me cheaper, healthier fast food. It's no real secret that I need to lose a few pounds, but we've been pulled in so many directions lately that most of our meals have been on the run. I'm hoping that the school year will regulate us a bit. Baby carrots here I come.

3. I am listening to reruns of Will and Grace. They are great to nap to.

4. Somewhere, someone is thinking 'I wonder if LaMags will notice that I didn't do my summer reading'. Every year I have kids try to fake it. Sorry Charlie, I'm not that dumb.

5. I'll always be tired, but I really don't mind it - except for the headaches - because it means I'm doing things and mostly being a productive member of society.

6. My idea of a good time includes a good meal and a good movie.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to Suellen's family coming into town and lawn mowing (can you hear Julie Andrews singing 'My Favorite Things' - I can't), tomorrow my plans include baby errands and Sunday, I want to try to forget that I need to finish an adaptation of Twelfth Night before school starts (I haven't really started that yet)!

1 comment:

amypfan said...

From what I have seen the past two days, you are clearly delusional if you think that this school year will lead to anything other than excessive weight GAIN.